Thursday, October 1, 2015

Currently On: Salem's Lot (1979)




This is by far and away my favorite Stephen King penned novel.  And the 1979 version is my favorite!  Giving away my age here....but I was just a girl when I watched it with my Dad and it scared the shit out of both of us. He, by the way, didn't scare easily...he worked in the forestry department in FLA--meaning lots of working in the middle of nowhere in the woods and dealing with really fucking scary wildfires.  (And, oh, just as annoying factoid--there really is a place in Florida called Middle Of Nowhere--which is, well, not true anymore since it's close to Fort Lauderdale.....)


The Bits That Spooked Us The Most










The Bits That Spooked Me Peroanally 






"And hell no, I was a Baptist"

The Part I Loved The Most:


I discovered that night with my Dad, that he had never seen (or even heard of)  Nosferatu (1922)--it was a little weird because his father-in-law was an eccentric type born in the last years of the 19th century who was involved early photographic stuff.  Was a bit of a revelation.  I was laughing...just a kid and he was looking at me like I was suddenly "something."  I was an experience and one, actually that I cherish. (Sorry for the Over-Share).

  
Anyone recognize this charming young man?


1 comment:

  1. By-in-large I enjoyed this movie/mini-series. I think it has some great things going on. Barlow the vampire's look is pretty excellent, although it is a big departure from the book.

    ReplyDelete