Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Haunted Hospital: Nightmare Asylum




Dumpster diving on this one!  Hell, I'm here alone--so I'm not traumatizing anyone but myself.  This is reportedly so bad that even high schlock shot on videocam king with no budget and worse effects director Todd Sheets has disavowed it.  I actually think it's more watchable than some of his other films (Sorority Babes In A Death-A-Thon Of Death comes to mind!)  Sheets in general makes the films that Troma turns out seems like the best productions of Shakespeare!  You know like the ones with Sir Lawrence Olivier!  There is however, some fun to be had watching his stuff if you get a kind of kick out watching less than z-grade horror garbage.  An i DO!!  It was shot in an actual funhouse in 1992 and can be found in one of those Pendulum Pictures and Mill Creek 50 Movie pack co-produced affairs:  Decrepit Crypt Of Nightmares.  These box sets (I think there are 4--or at least those are the only ones that I own) contain several of Sheets' films.  Watch if you dare...and don't mind wasting 80 minutes of you life, you might find plenty to laugh at!







No comments:

Post a Comment