Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Recipe

I just sort of came up with this hair brained idea on my own.  Around here we love a good cocktail, and other than around Halloween time, Friday the 13th is a day when drinks made from Blavod (the black vodka)


So I came up with the following, that I am calling

Blavrita (or Blogrita)

OK this is still in the planning stage, but the cocktail that I served this evening roughly comes out to:

1 oz. simple syrup (sugar water)
1 1/2 oz. lime juice
1 oz. triple sec
1/2 oz gold tequila
Blovad
Black Hawaiian salt
Ice

Start by rubbing the rims of glasses lime juice and then dip them into the black salt.  Fill glasses with ice and set aside.

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all the other ingredients, except the Blavod.  Shake and strain into glass, gently top the drink with the black vodka (it will float) and serve.  Simple as that.

It came looking like this

No comments:

Post a Comment