Wednesday, October 19, 2011

31 Days of Blavod 19: The Black Vodka Mojito



Anyone who knows me at all knows that I am what some would call a "purist" when it comes to Mojitos (others might use words like "anal" or worse!).  OK...I'm from Florida, I pretty much frown on Mojitos made from anything other than a good silver rum, I grew Cubano Taino mint....shit, I even grow my own limes (seriously).  But I'm willing to loosen up a bit for Halloween--I mean it is the greatest holiday of the year!!


3 oz. Blavod
Fresh mint
Juice from 1 lime
Fresh club soda
1/2 oz simple syrup (sugar water)
Lime to garnish


Place the mint in the bottom of the glass, and muddle well.  Add the simple syrup and lime juice; muddle again.  Add ice and pour in the vodka, give it a quick stir and top with club soda.  Garnish with lime and more mint, if liked


Variations include omitting the mint (a real no-no for me) and using only lime or (god forbid) lemon.


Green or white creme de menthe is also sometimes used.

No comments:

Post a Comment