Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Haunted Hospitals: House On Haunted Hill (1999)





I'm not much for remakes in general--some a passable, even good and entertaining, but I will admit that I love this one.  It's based on gimmicks suggested (as mentioned with the remake of 13 Ghosts) by Terry Castle, daughter of the original gimmick horror prankster himself William Castle.  Of course, he is the originator of the classic 1959 original starring Vincent Price.  This is just fun.  It's a bit like a ride, as it suggested in the frame story of how Stephen Price (Geoffrey Rush) made his millions (bit of trivia:  it was Rush who suggested they change his character's last name to Price in honor of Vincent).  Besides, it has another "Geoffrey" that I am a fan of, that is Jeffery Combs!






Loves me some Combs!





"I had nothing to do with this!  I WAS ADOPTED!" 











Buffy Connection


No comments:

Post a Comment