Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 11 of the Countdown



Well it's "Columbus Day" here in the US and being of Native American ancestry, I am not exactly a happy camper at this time of year.  Why do we need such bank holiday in the first place?  Well,  I'm not going start harping or  get all political (well not too political...) ;  but I am trying my best to ignore it with another day of straight down and dirty horror films!

I thought about making some Taino food to mock the day, but a diet of slasher flicks will work just as well.  Someone has a sense of humor about it all though.  When I was surfing, looking into indigenous protests around the country, I came across this as a serving suggestion for Columbus Day:


That's a nice plate of Caribbean Jerked Chicken!  So take that Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria!


No comments:

Post a Comment