Friday, April 8, 2011

Welcome To Oakland....Hood!


This is straight to vid schlock and I cannot for a minute understand why this is distributed by Image Entertainment.  It's not nearly as bad as some STV movies that I have seen (and it was a gift), even given that, did the two brothers that made this film win some kind of contest with Image??  But curiosities aside, I have this in my zombie DVD wallet and this is most definitely not the first time I have seen it;  it does have some "home cooked merit."  It has a kind of amateur charm.  Then there is the piano riff that sounds completely lifted from Stanley Kubrick's last film Eye Wide Shut.  I wonder what Kubrick would have thought of this had he lived to see it....the man watched everything!  The explanation for the zombies (something that was really absent from the earliest flesh eater flicks) is really....well cute, quaint, seriously low budget and....filmed with Gatorade??   Hey there's even a voodoo reference.  One of my cats HATES it....I guess I'm just sadistic (I mean, she's not spoiled or anything, she has her own DVD collection).....that's a lot of gun fire with no police in sight!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment