Friday, June 15, 2012

Aliens (1986)





We are planning on seeing Prometheus later today at the local stadium theater, which is cool for me, since it is the first time I will be able to make remarks here one a major motion picture that is just out.  So...obviously today:  It's Aliens!  Starting out the day with the director's cut of Aliens, and will progress on to the next two.  Generally speaking, I've never been a big fan of the director's cut of any James Cameron movie (and I swear this is true!  I've never seen Titanic!!), for example:  the director's cut Cameron's friendly alien flick The Abyss from just two years after this, is just an indulgent mess; but I've not seen the director's version of this in a while, so thought to give it a whirl just for the heck of it. I found a few clips of some of the scenes from this version on You Tube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment