Friday, June 8, 2012

The Rocky Horror Picture Show


Saving my personal favorite for the last viewing toinight.  I know that a lot of poeple seriously rank Phantom Of The Paradise way above this as a horror musical, I'm just not one of them.  They are both remakes, of sorts.  This one is just really personally close to my heart--I'm old enough to have been a toast thrower....



















This is old and new at the same time.  It features some of the Gershwin brothers best known tunes, with some of their lesser to unknown works.  It's new musical with old music, some of if virtually unknown, so it's nominated for both for Best Musical and Best Musical Book and 8 other catagories...it bills itself as a crime romance--sorry still can't hold a candle to Rocky Horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment