Friday, January 28, 2011

The Shrek Set


Here's a set that I do think is fairly priced on Amazon.  It retails for a whopping $76.99, but Amazon sells it for $40.49.  For that you get all four Shrek movies and a ton of extras, including a whole separate disc of never before released material, and Shrek specials, including Holiday stuff aired on Network TV.  It might seem to be kind of overkill to buy animated movies on Blu Ray, but having watched the first and second discs in this series, I am impressed.  The blu-ray brings out a a smooth velvet like quality in the colors, while at the same time providing a crisp, clear differentiation of the lines.  

This was a Christmas gift for the kid and we promised him he pick one of his blu-rays to include in Friday Fright today.  I'm glad he chose one that I hadn't viewed before.  I've watched this movie with him so many times on DVD and it always seems a bit "muddy" to me--no more!!  Highly recommended if you have any young ones around or are a fool for animation--or Both!

Also a Wado (thanks) to The Peanut's Goopy for having him over this week.  So here's a shout out to Grandma!!


Some Images:









No comments:

Post a Comment