Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Veteran's Day




My late father served in the Navy during the "conflict" when he was only 17 years old on board the USS Floyd B. Parks.  We are honoring Veteran's Day with a Korean War theme.  I am also privileged to have two uncles that are still with us who served in the Navy in the Pacific Theater in WWII and a late grandfather who served in the Navy in WWI.  Also dedicated to my cousin who was drafted and served in the Vietnam war in the 1970's.  RIP Rick!  And it's even dedicated to my husband's late grandfather, Dick, who served in WWII as well.  To all Vets, we thank you for your service!


Korean War refugee with infant

Started the day off with a film that illustrates what ultimately led up to the Korean War.






























Then watched 1/2 of the 3 hour:



Currently viewing Mr. Gregory Peck in Pork Chop Hill, a movie that I watched a couple of times with my Dad.




No comments:

Post a Comment