Friday, November 11, 2011

More Of The Korean War



Back in the fall of 2009 my father received his annual calendar from Veterans Of Foreign Wars and called me up to tell me that the anniversary of the start of Korean War fell on a Friday in 2010.  He always seemed to get a mild kick out of my Friday Frights, always willing to poke fun at my "booger nights," right up until his 76th birthday in August of 2009 when he got "Fright Nighted" because his birthday fell on a Friday.  So, he calls me up and suggests that we make a plan to do a Korean War Fright Night that Spring...only he didn't make to that Friday.  When it did roll around, I just couldn't bring myself to keep it.  So this Veteran's Day, I'm making good on my promise to him; and hope he's out there, somewhere, enjoying it with me!

Korean War Memorial at night, Washington DC


Just finished the second half of:


Moved on to:


Eastwood as the hard nosed Korean war vet, who loves a good scrap, that is until he has to take charge of a group decidedly un-combat ready troops in his old haunt of Cherry Point NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment