Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Theme Recipe: My Favorite Bloody Mary






I was going to post some of the last Halloween Bloody Mary recipes out there, only to find out that over the past year, every bartender making this drink for Halloween seems to think that vampires....and regular folks, have acquired a taste for bacon in their cocktails.  Now, I'm not personally adverse to trying a Bloody Mary garnished with a slice of bacon, but does everyone have to do it.  OK, so this is my silly blog, I'd rather post my own favorite.  I've posted at least two Bloody Mary recipes here on this blog before, Vincent Price's recipe by the pitcher and The Blackula, but truth be told I love a lot of celery and like it spicy.  I've had a lot of Bloody Mary's in my time, but almost none of them had rimmed seasoned glasses.  It took a bartender from England to blink my mind into "put the bleedin' celery salt on the glass!."  Also, I love that he just says straight out "do you want that with vodka, gin, rum, tequila or aquavit?"  Aquavit?? Really??  Never tried it, promise to some day.  He uses Tabasco sauce exclusively...another thing that this southern American didn't expect....but check these out!


For Glass:

Lemon wedge
Celery salt

For Drink:

1/4 oz fresh lemon juice
Couple drops Tabasco
Serious shake of Worcestershire sauce
Dash of salt
Black pepper to say "when"
2 ice cubes
2 full oz. vodka (or booze of choice)
More ice cubes
Tomato juice
Stick celery (or whatever for garnish)

1.  Start by running the lemon around the rim of the glass, then dip in celery salt.  Set aside

2.  Mix the lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper in bottom of glass and stir.  Add two ice cubes and pour in vodka, stir well.  Add extra ice and top with tomato sauce, stir well.  Garnish with celery, cucumber, whatever you like....bacon??


This is a theme restaurant in Tokyo...it almost makes me want to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment