Friday, September 4, 2015

NYC: Wolfen




I know this is a deeply confusing script--lots of, well, just crap reasons for it's existence--nothing really makes any sense.  But for me this is probably the most important New York film ever--it's a personal thing--it was a refuge in my childhood.  I loved the place, I'm from the south, I had relatives that made fun of my love for NYC and said I would never get there in very mean spirited ways, I have Native American ancestry that was a family problem, etc., etc. Needless to say I do not tire of it, though I do understand people who don't like it at all.  There are two things that I think make it worth a watch, one is the soundtrack by James Horner.  I don't really have that great of an opinion of him as a soundtrack composer--but this is by far my favorite.  The other is a much easier sell:  Mr. Gregory Hines, who was just a wonderful performer all the way around.  Love his performance here--just "makes" the movie!  RIP to both of them!  "Black Moon Over Manhattan!" ...well more like The Bronx.






























No comments:

Post a Comment